Monday 4 December 2017

WINTER MAINTENANCE

I'm a lucky fella, I was wondering how I was going to achieve my intended list of jobs on Stella, as my garage is too stuffed with, well, stuff to be able to get around her in the garage, when an empty garage suddenly became available four down from mine.

Stella is now reversed into this empty garage and I have just enough room to work around her. So work has begun. There are three jobs to do and they are all sort of connected. The main one is to strip the engine bay of all ancillaries, but not the engine, flatten down the awful red Hammerite paint that somebody painted over the original white paint and of course respray with Rover White paint. The second job is to refurbish the front brake callipers and the master cylinder and replace all the connecting pipework and hoses. The final job is to replace the timing chains,sprockets and tensioners.

Radiator, battery, steering pump, alternator, fuel pressure regulator, servo/master cylinder, screen washer bottle and all wiring and pipework has now been removed from engine bay and stored at the back end of garage



Just the last couple of bits and bobs to remove and then I can start rubbing down the red Hammerite. I will have to wait for warmer weather before I can spray, but there is no hurry.




I have also removed the front brake callipers, so time to order up stuff in readiness, Refurb kits for the callipers and master cylinder, timing chain etc. I already have the copper brake pipes so I can start bending them to the required shape. so plenty to be getting on with, Christmas activities allowing.

1 comment: