Monday 26 March 2018

BRAKE PIPES

Been back home for awhile now and things are moving on nicely with Sella despite the awful weather during March, but I did forget to post the last job I accomplished whilst I still had use of that nice warm shed.


 I had brought the old brake pipes with me plus the new, neatly coiled up ones. The pipes were all numbered and a information sheet told me which coil would eventually go where, the ends of each pipe was already flared and fitted with the correct screw connector. Before I could start bending the shiny new pipes to shape I had to straighten them out, I started the process by pulling the pipe through a length of plastic pipe and finished off strengthening them by hand.


When I was satisfied I mounted various sized sockets in the vice, depending on the curvature of the bend required and stated to pull the pipe gently around the socket, ensuring that I didn't over bend, continually checking with the original pipe for curvature and angles.



 I didn't make too many mistakes, although some of them finished up either a little short or slightly longer than the originals. Hopefully I will be able to make the necessary adjustments when I come to fit them back on the car, worst scenario is that on the long ones I have to trim back and reflair the end, we shall soon see.


No comments:

Post a Comment