Saturday 7 April 2018

EVERYTHING BACK IN

There were a few things that needed tarting up before I could start putting things back under the bonnet. Battery clamp, windscreen wiper motor and clamp all got several costs of smooth Hammerite.


The most difficult bit was reconnecting the two pipes from the auto gearbox to the oil cooler and I spent along time under the car getting them correctly positioned, got there in the end though.



Before I put the battery back in with its shiny clamp, I put it on charge and it only took a few hours before it was fully charged, so it is obviously in very good condition. The servo, master cylinder, alternator, header tank and wiper motor followed, plenty of room to adjust the belt tension on the alternator without the  radiator and power steering pump in the way.



The last thing to be fitted was the two, now polished ID plates, which I riveted back down in their correct location, just to the left of the bonnet hinge position.


I had had a tiny leak from the now redundant little pipe at the top of the radiator that originally went to the expansion tank. I set about sealing that with solder and blow torch and when done I put the radiator back in and connected up all the pipes, then the steering pump. The last thing in was the screen washer bottle. Next job is the brake pipes, we shall see then how accurate my pipe bending is.



1 comment:

  1. Soon be ready for your summer cruising Mac, albeit on a hard flat surface!

    ReplyDelete