Saturday 29 April 2017

MOT AND SEATS

The garage that the previous owner always used for servicing and MOT has moved to Caterham and although I was prepared to drive the five miles or so for an MOT as they knew the car intimately, I was told that they no longer carried out MOT's but they did recommend a garage close to where they used to be and B & W in South Croydon were happy to book Stella in for last Tuesday. After the usual 45 minutes I was given the thumbs up, with just the advisory of oil leak from gearbox, something I am well aware of that will be sorted when the ZF 4 speed box is fitted latter this year. Very satifying, and a lovel smug feeling welled over me.



The next day my friend Gerry and I drove to Faversham in deepest Kent to South East Trimmers where Jim had a pair of re-foamed and re-covered front seats ready for me. I had made contact a couple of weeks earlier and he said that rather than dropping off my seats with him for a couple of weeks he could fit an exchange pair, so that is what we did. Very smart they look and supportive. I will now vacuum the carpets as previously it hadn't been worthwhile as they were forever covered in yellow crumbs of old, dead foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment