Friday 4 August 2017

BLOOD SWEAT & GEARBOX

Stella and  I have been to a several local car shows this summer and good fun they are, but they can get a bit tedious and I only stayed a few hours at the last one in Chelsham, called BLOOD SWEAT & GEARS. It was in a lovely rural setting near Waringham Surrey. On the way in however I pause for a professionally posed photo and later I went to their little tent and bought a hard copy of the picture, which also allowed me to download an online copy, here it is below.


The main reason for the smile on my face is that a month ago I drove Stella up to Evesham in Worcestershire and left her for two days with a gentleman called Clive Tate. Clive removed my clunky old BW 35, 3 speed auto gearbox and replaced it with a ZF 4 speed with lockup, autobox. Clive manufactures the casting that allows this box to mate with the Stag bell housing and other parts necessary to complete the installation. The new box was a fully reconditioned ex Jaguar box and everything works perfectly.

Clive collected me from Evesham railway station and immediately I felt the difference, silky smooth changes and the acceleration up to 80 70 MPH was so much quicker. the revs at that speed were 1,000 lower than before, making for a much more relaxed high speed cruising, or would once I had the wheels balanced as a substantial vibration set in over 50 MPH. Wheels now balanced, they were considerable out and now very smooth, hence as I said earlier, accounts for my smile. No photos obviously as I had no part to play apart from paying for new gearbox, conversion kit and labour, but well worth it

2 comments:

  1. Do you have Clive Tate's contact details as I am very interested in this conversion.

    ReplyDelete