Tuesday 10 January 2017

ALL IN

A lot of wriggling about on my back, just the Anti Roll Bar and Oil Cooler still to be fitted, but the tricky stuff is done. Although I had spent some time cleaning up all the old nuts and bolts, I decided to start off with bright new ones.The main front suspension mount was straightforward, just four nuts and bolts each side and remember to clip in the traversing brake pipe. The steering rack took a bit of gentle persuading to take up the correct position and I had to shorten the bolts that attach the rack to its brackets by a 1/4 in.  I had read on the forum that somebody had stripped the thread on a rack by overtighening as the bolts had bottomed out before the rack was secured, so I was taking no chances.



 A local garage pressed in the main ball joints to the suspension arms, a same day service, great. and it all fitted into place with no trouble once I worked out the right order to bolt it all up. I needed to put a jack under those ball joints to push the taper home so that I could tighten the nuts, before I did that the lock nuts was just turning the whole ball joint in the socket.


The right hand side went in much quicker, that's usually the way. Oh, as well as the anti roll bar and the oil cooler, also the power steering pump needs to be fitted. That's in the process of being sprayed in my 'do it at home spray booth'. last coat  of black gloss to be sprayed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment