Friday 20 January 2017

TORQUED UP

I tightened the top ring of the ram, as instructed by the supplier of the new hydraulic ramps and also bled the hoses as recommended. The bearing/seal guide ring was indeed very loose and I was hopeful that all would be well now that I had carried out the necessary work and it was. Stella was raised to the ramps full height and the safety plates were flipped into place. Now that the front suspension was loaded I had plenty of room to get under with my torque wrench and tighten all the new nuts and bolts.



When it came to pumping the ramps up enough to flip back the safety plates, prior to lowering the ramps, I had the same problem as before. The left ramp raised and the right just spewed hydraulic oil and I had to bring my trolley jack back into service to get it up high enough to get the safety catch out of the way. I am now waiting for the supplier to respond, but at least, front suspension is now totally crossed off my job list. Cam covers next

No comments:

Post a Comment